A lot has happened since our last post. On Thursday, I learned a co-worker had passed away after being in ICU for 3 1/2 weeks with pneumonia. He was 51, and left behind his wife and 16yr old daughter. It has been rough at work, as fellow employees have started leaving, flowers, pictures, notes and cards on his office door, which is two doors from my office. Very hard couple of days.
We visited with friends, who were gracious to take us out to dinner to Boston Lobster. Delish but crazy expensive - we would never eat there b/c we could not afford it. Just too much...but gotta love all you can eat seafood (including whole lobster and crab legs). Will definitely miss our friends when they move to California (silly Navy and C for actually passing PT this time :-) ). Oh well, such is life.
Today, we got to see our niece Sadie for the first time since Father's Day (B had to work Father's Day, so it was his first time since Easter). I can't believe how big she's gotten! I will post pics once I get them :-).
We also got to visit with another couple friend of ours, who are expecting their first in April. First time we saw them since they told us, so it was fun to see them, and see the little bit that's changed, and how she's doing. Was a little hard to take, but definitely a lot better than I expected, which is good, b/c I always feel guilty for feeling depressed about our difficulties sometimes.
Now we are just relaxing, both on laptops on the sofa, reclining while watching Sunday Night Football - btw, uber excited that the Bills beat the Jets in OT! :-)
At the store today, I bought Saw Palmetto as I read that it can be beneficial if you have elevated levels of testosterone, which is my issue, only to read online that it's not recommended if you have a blood clotting disorder. Agh...now I have to call the doctor and see what they recommend. At least I know I can take it back if need be. So frustrating!! First I'm told I have PCOS, then I'm told I don't, but I have elevated testosterone, and my hormones are responsible for me not ovulating, and when I find something that could potentially help with these issues, I find I can't take it due to Factor V. Oy! At least I didn't cry holding a baby this go around - big improvement (except for afterwards walking away, head on B's shoulder telling him I want one, and him saying "I know, I know".
No comments:
Post a Comment