Monday, April 12, 2010

A Little Sad...

One of our best couple friends had their first little one last Friday, a beautiful baby boy. We went to visit them Friday evening, and it was so wonderful to see our friends with their newest addition to their family, and I could not be happier. In fact, learning of their pregnancy was one of the few where I did not feel an ounce of sadness or jealousy when I first heard about it.


And now...I'm still thrilled, but...see all the pics and the updates about loving motherhood and being a mommy, etc...I'm feeling a little bit bummed. I don't know what I'm upset about, it's not like I didn't know this was coming, and it's not like we aren't doing anything on this end. Maybe it's the medically induced AF hormones that have me feeling a little punky.


But I feel a lot more upset for an internet buddy of mine, on one of the boards I frequent. K has been thru Hell and back, and after recovering from surgery in hopes of continuing their TTC journey, found out the testing the doctor requires will cost an outrageous amount of money. Purely outrageous. Of anyone I know who deserves a break, it is her. Please keep K in your thoughts and prayers, or what have you, that they get through this latest set-back to reach their goal of becoming parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment